Monday, February 7, 2011

It's a cinch that the bum is under the thumb of some little broad

Tweetspot.
I’m totally that kind of dame, internet.  It’s true.   The sort of broad that likes all things bold: my Scotch, my steak, my martini, my words, my glasses of red, my convictions and my men.  I love things that have something to say, that make me think and will always prefer to hear from people who have a well thought-out and researched opinion about life, food, politics--whatever floats your proverbial boat (DIRTY!)—even (and especially!*) if it differs from mine.  I have never been a fan of the mamby-pamby.  If there’s passion evident in something?  I’m like a moth to a dingdang flame, y’all.  Believe it.
 
I think one of the greatest joys in life is a dirty martini (extra cold, extra olives!), a salty, seared filet (finished with a leeeeetle pat of good butter), a red leather booth in a dark restaurant and a passionate conversation.  Further, if it’s storming outside, past 10PM, there’s some kind of blue cheese iceburg wedge with crispy bacon, a delicious potato situation, brussells sprouts, chocolate and port, the music is heavy with strings and horns, and I have a flawless, dark red manicure?  I’m pretty sure that’s what it’ll be like in Heaven**.  It’s like I want to live in a mobster movie…in the ‘50’s.  Fun!  (Do I need a thigh flask to smuggle in my hooch?!  Maybe so!) Leave the gun, take the cannoli!


That Buddha is sworn to secrecy...
 I feel the same way about a dinner party.  An eclectic group with lots to say, a beautiful table, a swoonable menu, strong pours, lots of bubbles and candlelight?  There's not much better.  Those are times and memories I cherish and adore.   I’ve been waxing poetic about how I’ve been fortunate enough to have had many, special nights like that, and I feel so lucky to be the kind of gal who has so many other people in her life that consider them great pleasures, too.  I’m like a magnet for like-minded hedonists and consider it a true blessing.  The people I hold dearest come together at a table in this life in times of both celebration and defeat.  Come sit next to me for a Cheers and Cin Cin!  Or if we just need to figure out what happens next.

What are your great pleasures?
* I do so love me a drunken debate...as some of you know.
**What happens if Heaven is actually a Ruth’s Chris?  Good enough…I’m not opposed to a high-end chain, you guys.

2 comments:

  1. Being in the company of my friends has always, and always will be, one of my greatest pleasures. It doesnt matter what we are doing...whether its a Sunday afternoon on the patio of club, or its an impromptu get together at someone's home. I live for the time where those closest to me (the core) are all together with drinks in hand, and laughs echoing off the walls. Not much pleases me more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived near you. I would even learn to love wine for you.

    ReplyDelete